Amazon annonce l’existence d’instances de ses serveurs embarquant les produits IBM par défaut. Coût commun, pas de licence, juste un coût à l’usage. Coup dur à prévoir pour les hébergeurs traditionnels de services IBM.
Amazon EC2 running IBM now offers
Amazon EC2 instances combined with popular IBM applications that you
can pay for by the hour with no need for licenses or long term upfront
commitments. You can now flexibly scale your IBM applications up and
down and only pay for what you use. If you already have an existing IBM
license, you may also have the ability to run that license in Amazon
EC2 as well; you simply pay our normal Amazon EC2 hourly prices for
On-Demand or Reserved Instances.
The hourly prices for Amazon EC2 running IBM are as follows:
- Amazon EC2 running IBM DB2 Express – starting at $0.38/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM DB2 Workgroup – starting at $1.31/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM Informix Dynamic Server Express – starting at $0.38/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM Informix Dynamic Server Workgroup – starting at $1.31/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM WebSphere sMash – starting at $0.50/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM Lotus Web Content Management – starting at $2.48/hour
- Amazon EC2 running IBM WebSphere Portal Server and IBM Lotus Web Content Management Server – starting at $6.39/hour
Amazon EC2 running IBM requires no commitments or long-term
contracts, and allows you to get up and running quickly with IBM’s
proven technologies, paying only for the hours you use. To get started,
you can find Amazon EC2 running IBM AMIs in the AWS Management Console
or ElasticFox by searching for them with the keyword
For more details on pricing or using Amazon EC2 with IBM-based technologies please go to http://aws.amazon.com/ibm.